A Realtors job is more than finding the Buyer a dream home, it’s also about finding them the perfect neighborhood. Besides answering their questions about schools, shopping, restaurants and entertainment, Century 21 M&M Associates advise buyers to explore prospective neighborhoods.
Before you even contact a real estate agent you need to think about what kind of neighborhood you want to live in. Does it need to be close to schools and shopping? Is public transportation important? What about restaurants, entertainment and sporting events?
Once you have narrowed the location down to a zip code, then, take some time to get to know the neighborhoods.
- Walk the neighborhood. Better yet, take your dog for a walk in the neighborhood. Talk to your potential neighbors. Find out why they live there and what they love about the area.
- In addition to getting to know potential, future neighbors, head into the town or city center and chat with local business owners. Ask these people why they decided to open a business in the area, and, what do they like best about owning a business in this location?
- Shop close to the neighborhood. Pick a few places in their prospective neighborhood such as a restaurant, a super market or a coffee shop and spend some time hanging out in the area. Ask yourself – can they see yourself fitting in? Do you enjoy spending time there? Can you picture yourself being a part of that community?
- Go online and check out the city’s website. Does the city make real-time updates? Do they list local events? How about sport and recreation activities?
- If you have children, check out how the local schools rate. The easiest way to find and compare local California schools is at http://local.ratings.com.
Contact a Century 21 M&M Realtor you can ask more questions about the neighborhood. These real estate agents live in the communities they serve. They can answer questions about the local politics, tax structures and utility providers.
So if you are thinking of buying a home in Northern California, call a Century 21 M&M Realtor today at (800) 530-1548.