The leaves are starting to fall, the wind is cold, and rain is in the forecast…it is that time of year and many of us are starting to think about gift giving and the holidays. This weather also means that the homeless are not only hungry–they are cold, lonely and oftentimes sick.
The Modesto Bee reports that the Modesto Gospel Mission is seeing an increase in the number of people lining up per month for a bag of food and a box of used clothing from 3000 per month to 4000 per month. And, Interfaith Ministries has geared up this year to serve 12,000 low-income people this year at its food pantry, a 25% increase over last year.
As you all know, M & M Cares has kicked off the Channel 10 Coats for Kids campaign with a contest. For each coat you donate, you will receive a raffle ticket and a chance to win one of three cash prizes provided by Century 21 M & M Real Estate; $1000, $250 & $100. (Employee’s and their families, Independent Contractors or Affiliates of PVI, PSI, or Century 21 M&M are not eligible)
Company wide, Century 21 M & M and Associates are committed to the goal of 2500 Coats for Kids. This means reaching out to family, friends and local businesses, asking for donations and encouraging everyone to participate.
Century 21 M & M Real Estate has 20 conveniently located offices in Northern California; Clovis, Dixon, Escalon, Fairfield, Green Valley, Livingston, Lodi, Los Banos, Madera, Merced, Modesto, Oakdale, Patterson, Rio Vista, Stockton, Tracy, Turlock, Vacaville and West Sacramento.
John Melo, CEO of Century 21 M & M Real Estate is challenging all agents and staff, to not only donate coats, but to “Pay it Forward” during this 2009 Holiday Season. Here are a few ideas:
- Donating clothing, books and household items to Goodwill, Salvation Army, The Hope Chest, American Cancer Society, Habitat for Humanity.
- Donate cash, blankets, warm clothing and non-perishable food to your local Missions.
- VolunteerMatch.org, helps you find non-profit organizations that need volunteers in your communities.
- DonorsChoose.org, an online charity connecting you to classrooms in need, you can choose a school in your community.
- Purchase gifts items from non-profit organizations that, in turn, use the proceeds to benefit people in need; cancer patients, prisoner families, foster kids, etc.
Besides Coats for Kids, we know that many of Century 21 M & M Real Estate agents and staff are already giving back to their communities and we would like to share your stories. So, start writing, we want details…who, what, when, where and why!
Please email any comments or suggestion to firstname.lastname@example.org, or just leave a comment below. Century 21 M & M Real Estate looks forward to sharing heart-warming stories during this season of giving, reflection and celebration.